Public Health Forum
Theme: Epidemiology and what can be done?
Matters of public health have been investigated and managed for years and over time, public health and policy has always been pivotal to the success or failure of healthcare systems. Proven public health achievements in the 20th century have increased life expectancy and paved the way for more advanced treatments and preventative measures today.
Although astounding advancements in medicine and public health have been made, considerable public health challenges persevere in the Arab world. Some of these neglected issues will be the focus for the Public Health Forum.
Once again, the Public Health Conference will contribute to the improvement of public health in the region by offering a means for exchanging information and a platform for debate among researchers, policy makers, and practitioners in the field of public health and health services research.
What are the main topics covered in this event?
- Lifestyle diseases – epidemiology and research implementation
- Happiness and the social determinants of health
- Maternal and child health – neglected and priority areas
- Occupational Health – where we are and future directions
- Ageing – preparing for the future
What’s new for 2018?
- New topics on current and future priorities for the public health specialist
- 4-day conference
Benefits of attending
- Identify critical gaps in public health research, policy and practice, to inform resource investment and policy change on a range of priorities
- Examine correct approaches to move from curative to proactive health models
- Discuss what new research is being employed internationally to implement evidence based healthcare models
- Assess health reform policies that will ease the burden of neglected issues to improve maternal and child health
- Explore the policies that will affect how occupational health is managed to advance population health